Friday, June 14, 2013

Attempting a Picnic Lunch

Today we packed a picnic lunch and headed to the park for the afternoon.  I got out my picnic gear including cute plates and napkins and loaded up a cooler.  My vision of the day was Mike, E, and I sitting on a blanket soaking in the sunshine eating a delicious lunch of chicken pasta salad and fruit.  Afterwards, we'd stroll over to the playground and E would run around.  Then maybe we'd head back to our blanket, relax, and take in the scenery.
  
The only part of my vision that was even remotely close was E running around the playground.  In fact, that's all he did.  Ever since he started walking that's all he wants to do.  It's go, go, go, constantly.  There was a time when I couldn't wait for him to start walking and now sometimes I think back fondly to the days when he would just sit in one spot and play with whatever was around him.  Don't get me wrong, I love that E has reached this milestone but it's a lot more work for Mom and Dad.  

I did get E to sit still for a few minutes to eat some watermelon (his new favorite food) but that's about all he ate.  The rest of the time was spent exploring the park and playing on the playground.  He had a smile on his face pretty much the entire afternoon.       

The next picnic I pack won't be as elaborate because now I know E could care less about the food I prepare of the cute plates I serve it on.  As long as he can run around and explore he's happy.  And if E is happy, Momma's happy! 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment