Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Our Night with Jen

Tonight my sister-in-law, Andrea, and I went to a book signing of one of our favorite authors, Jen Lancaster. She's on tour for her new book, The TAO of MARTHA.

This is a must read!  If you haven't read of one of Jen Lancaster's books, you are missing out.  She is hilarious!  Her newest book summarizes the ups and downs of spending a year trying to live life according to Martha Stewart.  Again, hilarious!  I've read all of her books and this is definitely one of my favorites.  It was great to see her in person tonight.  She's exactly what I expected; real, sarcastic and quite entertaining.  I've never been to a book signing and discussion before and it was great to hear her talk about her journey writing this book.

I'm such a fan of Jen Lancaster and I was so excited to meet her tonight.  I want to be her friend, so when it was my turn to get my book signed, I wanted to be prepared with something clever to say, something so she would remember me and want to be my friend too.  When it was my turn, I froze.  All I could muster up was a "Hi" and "I'm excited to be here."  So Jen and I won't be becoming Besties anytime soon.  But at least I got a signed copy of the book and a photo with her.












No comments:

Post a Comment