Tuesday, July 2, 2013

Taking Back My House

I can't believe we're in July already.  The month of June flew by and was a whirlwind for my family.  I looked at the calendar and counted the days we were actually home in June.  16 days.  And some of those days we were just home on weekends because I had to work and then we headed right back out.

It's been fun vacationing out East with friends, spending time in Iowa with my family, having friends in town and spending time out at Mike's family, but I'm ready to be home for a while.  I mean seriously, I'm still storing my makeup and face lotion in my travel case!

In my old age I've become a bit of a homebody and I enjoy being at home and puttering around.  I love to spend time in my yard and cook in my kitchen.  I haven't had the chance to enjoy being a homebody and my house shows it!  There are piles of laundry everywhere, some clean some dirty.  The lawn is turning into a prairie, my flower beds are overgrown with weeds and my cilantro and basil didn't survive.  I can't remember the last time I cooked a meal in my kitchen and my Pinterest boards are feeling neglected.

We are out of town for the 4th of July then it's a week of nothing so I'm declaring next week "Take Back My House Week!". I have a hefty list of things I want to get done but I'm also excited to cook meals, spend time in the backyard with E and catch up on my shows...I have not been Keeping Up With the Kardashians.

The month of June was a blast but I'm ready for some downtime.  So once the 4th is over,  I'm putting up the suitcases and going to finally unpack my makeup until the next trip....which looking at my calendar, is exactly 2 weeks from today.  

No comments:

Post a Comment