Monday, March 18, 2013

Monday Funday

In our house we have Monday Funday instead of Sunday Funday.  I work Tuesday-Friday so Monday is the end to our Weekend.  This week I covered for someone at work and worked on Saturday.  I forgot how short two day weekends really are, we had to cram a lot into two days!

Sunday was St. Patrick's Day.  It used to be one of my favorite holidays.  A day that encourages daytime drinking and lots of celebration.  What's not to love?  So many fond memories!  I still enjoy the idea of the holiday, I just don't celebrate it like I used to.  This year, my boys and I went out for lunch and had some traditional corned beef and cabbage.  I did enjoy a green beer as well :-)


St. Patrick's Day 2007
St. Patrick's Day 2013  

After lunch, we went to the mall and E played in the kids play area.  He's a little young for it but he did enjoy the mini slide with Mom and Dad's help.

Monday was the usual, chores and errands.  We also attend an Early Childhood Family Education class (ECFE) on Monday afternoons.  It gives Evan a chance to interact with other babies which is good since he doesn't go to daycare.  Personally, it's way too many kids for me, but Evan seems to enjoy so I do it for him.

On Mondays I try to get as much cooking done for the week as I can.  Tonight I'm trying a Buffalo Chicken Soup recipe I found on Pinterest.  I'll let you know how it turns out.  I also cooked some ground turkey up to use in taco salads and have with pasta later in the week.  I'm going to try another Pinterest recipe, Baked Oatmeal Muffins.  I plan to eat these for breakfast on my way to work.  I'll let you know what I think.

I hope everyone had a great weekend.  Happy Monday Funday!

No comments:

Post a Comment