Sunday, March 24, 2013

No Mike = No Coffee

I consider myself comfortable and confident in the kitchen.  In fact, I would even describe myself as a good cook.  But there is one thing I just can't seem to get the hang of, making coffee.  It seems so simple, but whenever I try to make coffee it comes out looking like mud or light brown water.  Mike is the designated coffee maker in our house.  The coffee pot always gets the best of me.  

Mike is out of town this weekend so coffee on Saturday morning was up to me. I tried to follow the instructions he's given me numerous times. I measured my water out correctly, I counted out my scoops of coffee and turned the coffee pot on.  So far so good.  The sounds were normal, the smell smelled like delicious coffee brewing.  When it was done,  I poured myself a cup and added my splash of half and half and took my first sip.  It was bitter mud.


I'm one of those people who needs coffee in the morning.  It's not just that I need the caffeine, I genuinely enjoy the taste of coffee.  There's also something about the act of drinking coffee, holding that warm cup and sipping the deliciousness.  My day is just not complete without it.

Thank goodness Starbucks is right down the road and they have a drive-thru so I can just jump in the car and go.  And thank goodness Mike is home tomorrow. I'm excited to see him but I'm not going to lie, I'm pretty excited to wake up and have my coffee waiting for me.    

No comments:

Post a Comment