Friday, July 11, 2014

The Friday Five

Here's what I'm loving this week:

1. Baby Dresses
I just love putting Cora in a little dress. She looks so precious and my heart melts. Let's be honest, I think she's adorable in anything, but there's something about a little dress. Especially ones that my mom makes. Cora got this new dress in the mail this week including a matching hair bow. I just love it. Thanks Mom! And seriously, open an Etsy shop!

Cora's new dress. 

Another dress from Grandma Sharon. 


2. Evan's Car
Well our motor head of a son is now obsessed with driving our car.  No, excuse me, "Evan's car," as he lets us know. E likes to spend his day sitting in the car pretending to drive. When you turn the car on, you never know what blinker will turn on or how loud the radio will be.



3. Minnesota History Center
Who knew the wonder of the Minnesota History Center? Sadly, I didn't know this place existed until I read about it in another blog. There's lots of interactive exhibits for kids; a grain bin to climb through, a coal mine to explore, a tepee to visit, and a railroad car to sit in. There's also a lot of interesting information about the great state of Minnesota. The best part about our visit was that it was FREE! Every Tuesday evening from 5-7, the History Center is open to the public for free. What a great deal to take advantage of.

Checking out the tepee. 

Driving the bus.

Climbing the grain bin.


4. Picnic at the Wading Pool
I've mentioned Minnehaha Falls before and it's become one of my favorite places to go. It's gorgeous, has a nice playground with a second one almost complete, and an awesome wading pool. E seems to enjoy a wading pool now more than a splash pad. He likes to be in water, not just have fountains so this place works out well since the water only gets 2ft deep. We picked a perfect weather day this week to pack a picnic lunch and just camp out at the pool for several hours.



5. Housewives
Ok, I can't help it, I love The Real Housewives of New York. I am particularly enjoying this season, there's so much drama and adventure. I especially loved this week's episode. My favorite scene was Sonja getting her patio all zen to deliver Aviva the news that, "All the women were talking about you in Montana." Then Aviva, bless her heart, thought they were talking about her because they were concerned about her health until Sonja so bluntly said, "No, not at all. They think your nebulizer is an acessecory."

I'm still cracking up over that scene as I write this. If you're not watching RHNY, you probably won't see the humor in this so you better start watching now.

No comments:

Post a Comment