Friday, July 18, 2014

The Friday Five

Here's what I'm loving this week:

1. We Survived!
The family survived my first week back at work. Granted it was only two days but we made it. Mike had one rough night with Cora, she was up three times, but other than just being more tired, Mike said it went pretty smoothly. This weekend it's the full three days. Each week will get easier.

2. Our First Harvest
Our garden is a little behind this year but we have one cucumber. Hopefully some zucchini and tomatoes will be coming soon. We planted two pepper plants but I don't think they're going to make it.


3. Picnic with Grandma and Grandpa
We met my mom and dad in Owatonna this week for a picnic. We've been doing this for years, it's about an hour drive for us and two hours for them. There's the nicest city park to picnic at and it has a playground which is a must now that we have kids.








4. Yo Yo Doughnuts
As much as I love sweets, I'm not a doughnut person but this place is legit. Yo Yo has some of the best doughnuts I've ever had. I took the kids there on Saturday and we leisurely at our doughnuts and Mom sipped her coffee (great coffee). This is one of my favorite spots!


Maple Bacon Long John is their specialty. 


5. The Beach
This was our first time at Shady Oak Beach and it has it all. Playground, lots of sand, grass area for a picnic, and docks to swim out to. E's a little young for the docks but in a few years he'll be jumping off. Shady Oak Beach reminds me of a good 'ole fashion summer day at the beach.

We packed a picnic lunch and E couldn't eat fast enough to get to the water. After hanging out at the beach we checked out the playground. Very cool! Much more than swings and slides. There's water misters, sand stations, and a fossil dig.

We're lucky such a great beach area is only a few miles from our house and it's conveniently across from Yo Yo Doughnuts.




No comments:

Post a Comment