Friday, June 13, 2014

The Friday Five

Here's what I'm loving this week;

1. Sunday Funday
Sunday was a gorgeous day and we were ready to be out and about. After church we headed to the Linden Hills Farmer's Market. I love the Linden Hills neighborhood and wanted to check out their farmer's market. Unfortunately, it was disappointing, there was no produce there! It was only the second weekend the market was open for the season. I'm hoping it's still early and it will get better. There were free crafts for kids though and E made this awesome hippie necklace.


Since the farmer's market didn't take long to check out, we headed to Great Harvest Bread Co. to regroup and split a cookie. We decided to walk the few blocks to Lake Harriet and stroll around the lake. We haven't spent much time around Lake Harriet but it's known for it's live music and outdoor movies during the summer. We also discovered a pretty sweet playground. There's a water pump that pumps water into the sand area creating a nice little stream for kids to play in. Of course that's exactly where E wanted to be. As I watched E play, I couldn't help but notice that my kid was the dirtiest. He had wet sand everywhere and his shirt was pretty much soaked. None of the other kids looked like that, how does that happen? Oh well, E was having fun and everything is washable.


This is how Cora spends
her time at the park.

2. I Finished a Book
I love to read but haven't found much time to do so lately. Reading in bed at night is one of my favorite things to do. However, these days I crash as soon as my head hits the pillow. Now I usually read while I pump so it takes a while longer to finish a book. It took me about two months, but I finished Chelsea Handler's latest book, Uganda Be Kidding Me. I'm a Chelsea Lately fan and have read all of Chelsea Handler's books. I think she's hilarious. If you're not easily offended, Uganda Be Kidding Me is a pretty funny read.



3. Our Day at MOA
Mall of America is a pretty popular Midwest attraction right in our backyard. I never go there. In fact, I hated going there when I first moved to Minneapolis. It was always crowded and I don't think it's a good place to go for some serious shopping. However, my mind has changed since having children. I've been there more in the past year than I have in my 10 years living in Minnesota. There's plenty of space for kids to run around, fun unique stores to check out, and Lego Land. All these things are free! Of course there's the aquarium and the amusement park there too.

We spent a day at MOA this week and we had a blast. We did take the kids to the aquarium. E loved it and Cora slept through it. E got to go on one ride, the Big Rigs ride, we spent a good chunk of time in the Disney store and we finished the day off with ice cream.






4. My Daddy's Boy
E loves to mow but we don't let him outside when Mike mows, it's too dangerous. Mike pushes the mower around when he's done so E gets the chance to mow with Daddy. Love!


5. Cora Smiles
We're getting some true smiles from Miss Cora this week. I love trying to get her to smile, it's how I spend a good portion of my day.




No comments:

Post a Comment