Monday, April 8, 2013

Monday Funday

What a great weekend!  The weather cooperated somewhat and we were able to get outside.  We went for walks everyday and stopped at the playground to try out the swings.

Once he got used to the swing he was all smiles.

On Sunday, we checked one thing off our summer bucket list, Como Zoo.  We met up with some friends from work and checked out the animals and the vegetation in the conservatory.  The sun wasn't shinning but it was a mild day and pleasant to be outside.  I was a bad mom and only took one picture the entire time we were there.  And it's not even a good picture!  No animals, no fun sign, not even Evan's face.

Here E, this is a pic of your first trip to the zoo.
Can't you tell?
This was my first time at Como Zoo and Mike hadn't been there since he was a kid.  I was very impressed and we will definitely be back this summer.  And it's FREE!

Sunday night Mike used his new Weber grill he got for his birthday.  We grilled venison burgers my dad made and my favorite, grilled veggies.  I absolutely love grilled veggies!  This supper included asparagus, peppers, onions, and mushrooms. LOVE!  It wasn't quite warm enough to sit outside while we grilled but   the taste of grilled food reminded me summer is coming.

Monday we went to our ECFE class.  E loves the slide they have there and crawled over to it as soon as we got there.  I had to pull him away when it was time to leave.  After class we stopped at Yum Bakery for an after school snack.  More of a snack for Mom and Dad but E's always up for an outing.

From Yum, Carrot Cake Cupcake
with Cream Cheese Frosting

Hope everyone had a great weekend.  Tonight is Week 2 of Meatless Mondays.  I was better prepared this time so I'm hoping for success.

No comments:

Post a Comment