Saturday, April 6, 2013

Nap Time Dilemma


These days the only time I really get to snuggle with E is when he’s sleeping.  He may sit on my lap for a few minutes for a quick story but then he’s sliding down my legs and finds the next exciting thing.  When he was a newborn, I got plenty of snuggles because all he did was sleep.  I didn't realize how quickly that would end.  Because E is so busy now, it’s hard to get anything done.  I always need to stay close and keep one eye on him.  Nap time is my time to get things done.  This is my dilemma.  That snuggle time is so precious.  I love to sit in the rocking chair and hold him while he’s sleeping and just be.  Before I became a Mamma I was never good at just sitting.  I liked to keep busy.  When I’m snuggling with Evan those thoughts creep in my head;  there’s cleaning to be done, there’s mail to sort, I could do some exercise, I could finally finish that book I've been reading.  There’s so many things I could be doing during nap time.  Sometimes it’s ok to push those thoughts aside.  It’s ok to just sit and hold my baby because in the short time I've been a Mamma I've learned that time with my baby is precious.  Those other things, they’ll always be there but my baby will only be a baby for so long.   

1 comment: