Tuesday, April 23, 2013

Meatless Monday - Week 4


This week’s Meatless Monday dish was Mike’s favorite so far and E seemed to enjoy it as well.  This week’s meal comes from Pinterest via Prevention magazine, Spaghetti Squash Casserole.  I haven’t had spaghetti squash in a long time so when I came across this recipe I was excited.  Spaghetti squash isn't in season but after 3 different grocery stores, I found one!  The recipe is very simple and easy to make.  Cooking the squash is the most time consuming part, 30 minutes in the oven.  That’s something I could do ahead of time and then I have an easy weekday meal. 

I made a mistake and used a deeper baking dish instead of the shallow one I originally roasted the squash in.  The topping of parmesan cheese and breadcrumbs is delicious and with a deeper baking dish I didn't get a lot of that.  Next time I will use the shallow dish to get all that delicious topping. 


The golden brown topping is the best!



We’re headed into our final week of Meatless Monday and I’m using spaghetti squash again next week.  There’s a decadent pasta dish I've been wanting to try from the Pioneer Woman but was waiting for a special occasion since it is pretty rich.  I’m going to try spaghetti squash instead of noodles to lighten it up.  We’ll see how it goes. 

No comments:

Post a Comment