Tuesday, April 2, 2013

Meatless Monday-Week 1


My family is going meatless on Mondays for the month of April.  Mike is not bought into the idea at all, he’s a real meat and potatoes type of guy.  I told him it’s 1 day a week for 1 month, a total of 5 days with no meat.  He can suck it up and do it!  I've read about benefits of Meatless Mondays.  It’s better for our bodies and for the environment so I want to try it for a month.  If all goes well I’m hoping this can become a habit for our family. 

The first week didn't get off to the greatest start.  We were out of town for the weekend and I didn't have time to get grocery shopping done so I didn't have a very good plan in place.  We ended up eating eggs and a salad for lunch and when Mike went to get groceries Monday afternoon I told him to pick up a frozen vegetarian lasagna.  He ended up getting a butternut squash lasagna which I thought was quite tasty. Mike, not so much.  He ended up eating PB toast.  Thankfully E is so easy going he’ll eat anything.  He had no problem with the butternut squash lasagna. 

Next Monday I will have a better plan and will be searching Pinterest for meatless meals.  I’m thinking something quinoa based.  I’m determined to make this successful. 

No comments:

Post a Comment