Monday, May 6, 2013

Monday Funday

Another weekend comes to a close.  I always get a little sad on Monday afternoons because I know tomorrow starts the work week again.  It's not that I hate my job, but I would much rather be spending time at home with my family.  Like I said, thankfully I don't hate my job so once I get through Tuesday it's not so bad. 

My parents came for a visit this weekend.  I'm very close with both my mom and dad so I love spending time with them.  I'm lucky because my parents adore Mike and he enjoys spending time with them as well (at least that's what he tells me).  When we get together we have a great time.  

Saturday was cold and rainy so Mom, E, and I went shopping.  Poor E didn't have any summer clothes.  He had a few short sleeve onesies that he's been wearing with the nicer weather but that's about it. I knew I'd eventually need to get him new clothes, it's not like he can wear his summer clothes from last year.  But it wasn't until that first warm day that I realized he really didn't have much at all.  No worries, Grandma and I got the kid stocked up.  
Just a few items from E's summer collection.
Unfortunately, Mike picked the wrong day to go fishing.  He and a friend entered a fishing competition at Lake Minnetonka.  He came back freezing and without a prize.  He said he did have fun though so it wasn't a complete bust.  

Sunday and today we had great weather.  We spent as much time as we could outside and grilled Sunday afternoon and Monday night.  Mike even started our first outdoor project of the year, a sandbox for E!  Here's some pics from our outdoor adventures this weekend.

 
Picked this up for the weekend.  Perfect for drinking outside!

The beginning of E's sandbox.

Who knew Grandpa was such a photographer?!?!

Grilled fish, sweet potato, and asparagus.


Mommy and E waiting to go to the park.
And just because my mom thinks I'm
pretty darn cute.

No comments:

Post a Comment