Friday, May 16, 2014

The Friday Five

Here's what I'm loving this week:

1. My New Wash and Go Haircut
I tried a new salon last week and was feeling daring. I knew I wanted to go shorter and needed low maintenance. I wasn't planning on going this short but the stylist talked me into it. I was nervous but I thought of my bestie Mandy and how daring she is with her hair and her voice said "Go for it!" It's shorter than I like but I must say it is so easy to get ready now.




2. Dunkin' Doughnuts Creamer
Love me some Dunkin' Doughnuts coffee and I tried their coffee creamer this week. Yum! There aren't any DDs in Minnesota and this creamer is almost, ALMOST like getting the real thing.



3. Sheetrock
The basement has been a work in progress for a while now. We are finally getting sheetrock put up this week and we are one step closer to having a finished basement which means more space.





4. Middle of the Night Parties
OK, I'm not loving this but this has been a big part of our week. Both kids have been in party mode in the middle of the night this week. Cora does not cry a lot but lately during her middle of the night feedings she is wide awake and ready to party. We hang out and watch The Tonight Show on DVR and she eventually will fall back asleep. E is going through a phase of getting up in the middle of the night too. We are slowly transitioning him to a "big boy" bed and when he wakes up he doesn't want to stay in there and finds his way into Mom and Dad's bed. Sometimes he will fall back asleep but sometimes he thinks it's party time.

The kids crashed mid morning after one particular rough night this week.

Napping with Crocs on. 

My drama queen is exhausted.
5. Girls, Sushi and Wine
I went out for sushi with some girl friends for the first time since Cora was born. The sushi and wine were delicious and it was great spending time with my friends. Nights out with the girls are needed every now and then. This was also Mike's first time solo parenting both kids and he said it was a breeze.

1 comment:

  1. I love the new hair! Cheers to so many celebrations at your house this week:-)

    ReplyDelete