Friday, May 23, 2014

The Friday Five

Here's what I'm loving this week:

1. Cora is One Month Old
Time is going so fast and I can't believe she is a month old. She is doing so well and I love her more each day. A more detailed one month update coming soon.
Another child that doesn't smile.

2. Happy 4 Year Anniversary
Mike and I celebrated our four year anniversary on the 22nd. Grandma and Grandpa G and Auntie Andrea watched the kids while Mike and I went out to dinner. Yard House restaurant just opened in our neighborhood and we've been wanting to try it. It's known for its extensive variety of beers on tap. The beer was good and the food was delicious. I had the surf and turf burger and Mike had ginger crusted salmon with a side of wasabi mashed potatoes. The potatoes stole the show, amazing!

Yes, that is lobster on my burger. 


3. Outings and More Outings
With summer just around the corner, festivals in the Twin Cities are in full swing. There are so many family friendly things to do in and around our community. This week we went to the St. Louis Park ice cream social, the Minnesota State Tree Climbing Competition, and Evan's end of school year  picnic.


Tree Climbing

Tree Climbers

Evan's attempt at climbing a tree.


Ice Cream

Sitting in the big snow plow truck. 


4. $1 Spray Bottle
Who knew how much fun a spray bottle could be? I found this while browsing the dollar bins at Target. E loves water so I thought this would be fun for the summer. He goes around spraying everything and anything.
*Disclaimer, as I'm writing this, Mike just came inside and told me the spray bottle broke. So maybe not the best idea.



Broken


5. Shopping
I had a morning of shopping by myself which was a real treat. I can't remember the last time I did that. I enjoyed walking the mall sipping my Caribou and scouring the sale racks. I found some great clothes on sale for Cora and picked up a skirt for myself to wear to the weddings we have this summer.

2 comments:

  1. Your children smile!...just not for the camera. Love the little princess pout.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am super excited to see you guys in a few weeks!
    Kate

    ReplyDelete